We offer a client-focused approach to helping builders and owners achieve the very best outcomes
Under the leadership of Tom Adames, All Building Law takes a client-focused approach to helping builders and owners achieve the best outcomes. With over 15 years’ experience in building and construction law, we can offer expert advice on all building industry matters.
If you’re worried about the expense associated with taking legal action, All Building Law offers affordable solutions. Delivering experience without the fuss, we can help safeguard your building project from start to finish.
Our aim is to get to know you and your business and quickly understand your legal problem and specific needs. We then provide a timely and cost effective way to resolve your problem and meet those needs.
Getting your building contract right from the beginning is essential. All Building Law can advise you on all aspects of commercial and domestic building contracts, including:
- amending standard contracts and drafting one-off contracts for building and construction projects;
- drafting all supporting documents such as contract claims, side agreements and dispute notices;
- reviewing contracts and recommending changes for improved risk management;
- administering contracts during the life of a project.
Having All Building Law draw up or advise on your contract is the easiest way to help protect yourself from potential legal problems.
Building disputes can be costly and stressful. If conflict has arisen or is likely to arise with your building or construction project, All Building Law can support you by providing advice on things like:
- how to avoid common areas of dispute;
- avenues for effective dispute resolution, including “round table” negotiations, mediation, specialised tribunals and court action;
- getting paid, including “security of payment” and getting what you paid for, i.e. work done properly.
Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC)
The QBCC is Queensland’s building regulator. It is responsible for things such as the licensing of contractors, trying to resolve defective building work disputes and providing insurance to protect homeowners. Liaising with and acting against the QBCC is one of our main areas of expertise. All Building Law can help keep your project on track by:
- advising on how to deal with common QBCC matters, such as licensing, financial compliance, disciplinary matters and defective work complaints;
- reviewing adverse decisions by the QBCC.
We help you understand your rights when dealing with the industry’s “cop on the beat”.
Building and construction projects can be complicated. In addition to the above, All Building Law can advise you on related matters, such as:
- options for getting paid;
- building consultants;
- work health and safety;
- hire and lease agreements.
Advice on all aspects of property law including off the plan developments, conveyancing and commercial leasing.
Broad body corporate advice work including bi-law drafting, disputes, management rights and building defect issues.